Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bring Out Your Inner Nymph!

Confession... I am one of those seemingly rare and elusive creatures known as, Woman Who Hates Clothes Shopping.  I do not delight in adding new pieces to my wardrobe, or in finding the 'perfect shade of blue to match my eyes'.  Racks upon racks of  newly arrived stock do not inspire endless possibilities for self expression, but a sense of being utterly overwhelmed.  I can practically hear my neurons short-circuiting when confronted with this scenario.  And the sizing - how can I be a "petite extra-large"?  Why must the cuffs of my sleeves reach my knees in order for tops to properly fit around my, uhm...upper torso?  Illogical. Crazy-making.

With this in mind, you can imagine my astonishment at discovering clothing that instantly inspired joy, curiosity, and admirationMahaDevi Design (Vancouver, BC) offers locally created, sustainable clothing made from natural fibres including hemp, bamboo, wool, and soy.  The clothes are, in a word, magical.

Freyja, founder of MahaDevi Design, and her business partner, Jules create pieces "inspired by patterns from nature and goddess energy".   Yoga enthusiasts and dancers will find many of these pieces fashionable, comfortable options to wear.  For the men in your life, a line of hoodies and tanks.








Adorable baby clothes are made-to-order by Freyja from the softest bamboo blends and merino wool.  Check out the unique accessories, particularly if you have a flair for the whimsical or dramatic! You can find MahaDevi pieces at select retailers in British Columbia and the United States, or orders can be placed through their website.

1 comment:

  1. I like the young womans clothing in your blog. It reminds me of the hippie era in the states.

    ReplyDelete