Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Living Libations - Review and Contest


Potions.  Elixirs.  Alchemy.  Not just the stuff of fantasy, relegated to fiction and myth.

Nadine Artemis of Living Libations (Ontario) is adept at taking the best Mother Nature has to offer and transforming these elements into the most wondrous concoctions.  Petals, herbs, roots, and other gifts of nature become potent, pure, aromatic, bliss-inducing, skin-enhancing enchantment in a bottle.  This is the real-life magic available from Living Libations, and I have joined the likes of singers/songwriters Alanis Morrisette and Sass Jordan, actor Woody Harrelson, and raw food guru David Wolfe in my admiration of Nadine's talents.

I first learned about Living Libations when watching an interview with Nadine and husband Ron, who were participating in the Longevity Conference in Costa Mesa, California .  Attracted to their unassuming manner and their obvious passion for what they do, I made my way to their YouTube channel to learn more about their products.  From there, onto their business website, where I ordered the following products...


Healthy Gum Drops  *THIS* is what ultimately brought me to Living Libations. It might have a whimsical name, but it is a very effective product.  I received my order of Health Gum Drops in late October, and am so happy I took the chance on something new. My gums look healthier (they are so pink!).  I find I am almost looking for excuses to brush my teeth - it tastes that good. My breath is left cinnamon-y and my lips tingly. It's tempting to carry the bottle in my purse so I can use it as a breath freshener instead of gum and mints. I'm torn between telling my boyfriend about it, and keeping it all to myself! I should have bought the largest bottle. It is liquid gold.

I ordered GingerLily Poetic Pits - an alternative to commercial deodorants - based purely on the positive reviews it had received from others. I was hesitant to risk buying something without being able to give it the "sniff test" first.  To my delight (and frankly, relief), GingerLily has met - exceeded - my expectations. I haven't worn perfumes for years, finding most smell unnatural at best, and chemical-laden at worst. This product is in a class of it's own. It's remarkable how the ingredients are transformed by my body's warmth once it's applied. It is a very potent, feminine scent. Intoxicating!


Do take a moment to review the ingredients contained in each product before ordering if you have allergies or sensitivities. The Poetic Pits line, for example, contains sandalwood oil, an ingredient used for its antibacterial properties.  Some people find sandalwood has a "musky" scent they are sensitive to.  If you have any questions or concerns, do contact customer service before ordering.
There are so many amazing products available at Living Libations!  I recommend you check out the tooth care items and the Essential Kits section.  Thankfully, there is a Wish List option built into their site, so you can browse and then share your Wish List with your wonderfully generous friends and family.  Personally, I am eyeing the "Lavish Abundance Levity" Perfume, the Seabuckthorn "Best Skin Ever", the "Altogether Now Cocao-Clarity" Chocolate Bar, and several of Nadine's essential oils (especially the lime, clove, and peppermint).  I will be saving my pennies and trying more of their products soon.  I'll let you know when I do! ;-) 

Nadine has generously offered to sponsor a contest so you can discover for yourself the sheer bliss of Living Libations!

Contest

Prize: a $50 gift certificate to the Living Libations online store!

This contest is open to everyone.

Please note:  If the winner resides in North America, shipment of their order will be included with their prize.  If the winner resides outside of North America, they will be responsible for any shipping fees associated with their order. 
  
Contest ends Saturday, February 5th at 8:00pm Pacific Standard Time.  Winner to be randomly selected.  If the winner has not responded to my notification by Tuesday, February 8th at 8:00pm PST, another winner will be selected.  

*     *     *
This contest has now ended.  Congratulations to Lilac P. of Alberta, Canada!

Many thanks to everyone who dropped by my blog, visited Living Libations, and entered this contest! 

20 comments:

  1. Visited the site and one of the items I'd like to try would be the Cinnamon Seabuckthorn Hot Lover Lips. Reason being is I'm a sucker for all sorts of lip gloss/chapstick etc, especially ones that smell good and are tasty lol. Reading the reviews it seems that this suits both of what I like!

    roseinfullbloom(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping my my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to try the Peppermint Exfoliating Scrub because I love bath/body products and especially scrubs.

    ajmizen(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to try the Neem Enamalizer as it sounds like a good preventative measure to keep my tooth enamal from getting thinner (which is making my teeth look yellower).

    I'm quite intrigued by the whole Dentistry Kit. I think it would be more cost effective in the long run than buying toothpaste (the expensive natural kind I buy) but I'm not quite sold on the dry brushing....something to think about.

    fmgregory at myway dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try their chocolate bars. Not only do I love chocolate but they sound really good and would make an excellent gift. cjpeters(at)zoho(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to try the Nebulizing Diffuser with the grapefruit essence!

    sbabij2 at shaw dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. More Than a Feeling - The Benediction is Where You Are Chocolate Bar sounds amazing.
    nicolthepickle(at)yahoodotca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visited Living Libations and would love to try a More Than a Feeling - The Benediction is Where You Are Chocolate Bar because, hello....chocolate! And I love the ingredients in it!
    erunuevo@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd Like to try the Vanilla - Chamomile Lover Lips as l live a dry climate and l'm always looking different products to try.
    spec@live.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to try the Diffuser Blend Deep Breathing. I've never tried any of these times of products so it would be nice to see what they do.
    spec@live.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd Like to try the Vanilla - Chamomile Lover Lips as l live a dry climate and l'm always looking different products to try.

    spec at live dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to try the Medicine Pouch
    It would be handy to take traveling with you.
    spec@live.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to try the Tuberose Absolute. I don't wear perfume and this sounds like a lovely alternate.
    spec@live.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visited Living Libations!
    I would love to try their diffuser with eucalyptus and see if that will help with chronic upper chest congestion.

    Treesa

    ttnt(at)veglife(dot)org

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd Like to try the Vanilla - Chamomile Lover Lips as l live a dry climate and l'm always looking different products to try.
    spec@live.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am absolutely in love with Nadine's Lavish Abundance Best Skin Ever. Although, all of her products are truly extraordinary...

    polonsky.k@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd like to try the Ginger*Exfoliating Scrub

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would like to try the Best Skin Ever - Vanilla. I love the scent of vanilla and it's great that it cleanses and moistens from head to toe!

    mattandjen[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the Real to the Feel - Practical Essential Oil Kit
    becuase it includes some oils I would like to try like the Peppermint to freshen breath and Tea Tree as a hand sanitizer.
    And it comes in a nice carrying case.
    Jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete